Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

Happy New Year All!

I hope everyone has wound down from the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I know it's cold out there and we are now cooped up for a long winter. So, I thought I would tell you all about my New Year's resolution ( yes, I am a little late, but bear with me please) I have thought long and hard about what it should be. Like everyone, I have lots of things I'd like to change and loads of projects I should be working on, BUT.. what is truly important in life?? An organized closet, a little weight loss perhaps?? Not really. What is truly important in my opinion is the lessons we teach our children about the life we lead and the type of person we are. This leads me to my resolution. If we ALL just looked for the good in people, if we All just tried to understand anothers hardships, if we ALL had sympathy for others, the world would be better. It would teach our children that people ARE good. I pledge for the New Year to be kind to others, to put myself in other peoples shoes and to just do good!

I know it seems small and sort of silly, but I will do my best to adhere to my plan. I hope you all will join me in doing a little kind deed for someone else when they least expect it. I think it will make us all happier! I'll see you all back here on Friday for a great recipe and a little "lighter" post! Have a great day everyone!!
~Kim

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely outlook for the New Year. Doing good -- just because -- is a wonderful thing to model for our kids and those around us.

    I hope all's well with you and yours so far in 2010...

    ReplyDelete