Friday, January 29, 2010

Door County Cherry Muffins


Door County Cherry Muffins - courtesy of the White Lace Inn Bed and Breakfast
*Oh my... if you haven't been to Door County, WI you must visit someday!
This is a haven filled with Wonderful Bed and Breakfasts, antiques , wineries and quaint shops! They are known for their cherries and have several orchards on the peninsula!
*ingredients:
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 T. cinnamon
3 cups frozen and rinsed cherries
1 cup butter (melted)
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1 t.vanilla
TOPPPING:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
~~~~~ Steps:
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. combine dry ingredients and blend. In a sep. bowl, toss 1 tbs. or dry ingredients with the cherries.
3. In a large bowl, mix butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Then add dry ing. and stir until well moistened. Stir in the cherries.
4. spoon batter into muffin tins to about 3/4 full and sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen muffins.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am there! I live in Oklahoma and we got 8 inches of snow after 3/4 inch of ice! That just does not happen here for us. Think I will have give those muffins a try while we are snowed in here!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Door County in 20 years but I still remember the cherry pie!! Oh how I could go for some now!

    ReplyDelete