Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good Morning, Let the Stress Begin








I have missed you all! In case you didn't know, I have had major hip surgery and have been not blogging for a couple of weeks. I have had a tough recovery, but have been showered with love and blessings from my wonderful family and loads of friends! Thank you everyone for the awesome hand delivered home cooked meals, flowers, cards, candles, prayers ! I have some photos above of the medical devices I have had to use lately.lol...Notice the blue "boots" Jon had to velcro me into these babies to keep my feet and hips aligned. They were "Hitler" torture items, I am sure of it!! Ha, ha. Also, check out the photo of the boys with me and my new walker. I am slowly moving to the crutches, but boy do I get some weird looks when we are out at the grocery or etc.!! I have posted an AWESOME recipe for a Panini Salad that a friend made for our family. I have never tasted anything like it! Also, I started a new section of my blog called ... "What the heck should I do with this?" I will occasional find junk or "treasures" as I like to call them and want to transform them into something fun and prim. Take a look and let me know what you would make with it. I know there are a LOT of talented ladies out there, so send me your comments! Many blessings to all!
~Kim


NEW SECTION.....
What the heck should I do with this?


Recipe of the day:


PANINI SALAD yummy!!!!!!!!!!

- 2 personal-size pizza crusts
- 4 slices provolone chesse
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. thinly sliced basil
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- pinch 0f salt, dash of pepper
- 1 bag italian-blend lettuce
- 2 oz. thinkly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 c. sliced red onion
- 1/4 c. roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced

To Make:
1. Heat oven to 450. cover each pizza crust with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Bake on the oven rack for about 7-9 minutes or until cheese is golden. Let cool then cut into wedges.
2. In a small jar, with a lid, (I used a baby food jar) combine olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, sugar, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. water. Shake it up to mix! Next, place 2 pizza wedges on each of 4 plates: top with lettuce, ham, salami, onion, roasted red pepper, and tomato slices. Shake up the dressing once more to mix and drizzle over the salads. Makes 4 servings and boy is it good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment