Friday, November 27, 2009

Is Everybody Stuffed??



Happy Black Friday Everyone!!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did!


Here are some photos of our special day. I wish I had snapped a few of the boys, but they were so busy running around and playing that they were all doing their own thing and really didn't want me stopping them for photos! It's Homemade Holiday Recipe day! Boy do I have a sinful one for you today! See below for my "FA, LA, LA FUDGE PUDDING CAKE" ! It is scrumptious and easy too!















Above is the "kids" table. I made this turkey
out of fruit and cheese and few wood
skewers. It turned out cute don't ya think?
















This is our dog Lily and our friend's dog
Jersey. They had fun racing around
the house and having a little "taste"
of turkey. :)















This is me and my dear friend Jennifer. She
made an awesome stuffing and pumpkin
pies. Oh, let's not forget her Chutney!
D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

















This is the "grown ups" table. I made the
apple cone centerpiece using a cone
shaped form with nails sticking out of
it. You just stick all the fruit on and
fill in with pine, bittersweet and walnuts!
I love the Colonial look of this!

Fa, La, La Fudge Pudding Cake

(Courtesy of Gooseberry Patch Holidays)
Ingredients:
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
3.9 oz. pkg instant Choc. Pudding Mix
2 C. Sour Cream (I know, sinful!!)
4 Eggs
1 C. Water
3/4 C. Oil
1/4 t. Salt
2. C. Semi Sweet Choc. Chips (whole bag!)
non-stick spray
whipped cream or ice cream (we had ice cream and it was super!)
* Combine all ingredients except the choc. chips in a large mixing bowl.
Beat for 2 minutes until well combined. Stir in Chocolate Chips. Spray a Slow Cooker with your non-stick spray and pour batter in. Cook on low for 5 hours. Serve right out of the crock pot by the scoopful with a dollop of whipping cream or scoop of ice cream. Heavenly!!!

Well, I am off to tuck kids in now, I will be back later in the week with a couple holiday decor photos and some pictures of the boys! Have a great weekend!!!
~Kim















5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim!....wow your tables looked GREAT!....and that recipe sounds DELICIOUS!....what a great pic that is of you and your friend and I love your kitchen!!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... I just LOVE your centerpieces! Adorable for the kids and so classic for the adults. And how fun to catch a glimpse of your kitchen and dining room too.

    We had a lovely day with our five and both sets of grandparents. And, yes, everyone is stuffed.

    I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas! I took down my fall decor yesterday ... and it's all piled atop the kids table at the moment. Oops! Hopefully I'll be able to dig out from under it all today so that I can be all decked out for Christmas by the end of the week. I find it hard to do a lot of decorating when everyone is home and underfoot -- including the Hubs ;)

    I'm so glad you were able to share another fabulous this week -- and I'm doubly glad for our blossoming friendship. What a lovely gift that's been...

    Ho! Ho! Ho! Let the Christmas Chaos begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim..........that sounds delicious. Do you think if I used sugar free pudding I could call it lo-cal?
    Don't think so , huh?
    Love all of your table setting too.
    Linda/simplycountryseasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that turkey was just adorable!! What a great idea! But I really love the fruit centerpiece. I have done that in the past too. So colonial indeed!

    I imagine the boys are so eexctied now that the magical Christmas season has begun. What great fun you will have in the comming weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, Kim! I see your blessings Jar, how fun! And yes that cake looks mighty good! No calories, right?!

    ReplyDelete