Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Ok, Does anyone remember me?? Well, I have been following all of you...I just have been a very bad girl about updating my blog. I have so enjoyed all of your great posts, and you have inspired me to try and get back into the swing of posting! Thank you!!!!! Here is what's baking at our home today! Yummy Irish Soda Bread!


Amazingly Easy Irish Soda Bread

4 C. Flour
4 T. White Sugar
1 t. Baking Soda
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 Cup margarine, softened
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Egg
1/4 C. Butter Melted
1/4 Cup Buttermilk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.

2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and margarine. Stir in 1 Cup of buttermilk and the egg. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead slightly. Form dough into a round and place on prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine melted butter with 1/4 C. buttermilk. brush loaf with this mixture. Use a sharp knife to cut an "X" into the top of the loaf.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. You may continue to brush the loaf with the butter mixture while it bakes! Mmmmmm!


I hope you all find a pot of gold under your rainbow today!!!!

Irish Blessings,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures Kim! You will always be Madame Milky White Skin! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete